Friday, June 20, 2014

in·spi·ra·tion 

in·spi·ra·tion 
something that makes someone want to do something, or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create. 
 I'm in the middle of teaching the 200 hour
Yoga Teacher Training Program.   
Somewhere, about half way through 
I noticed a shift in my energy. 
It felt like the program 
was running itself. 
 The flow of the curriculum 
had taken over 
and was easily and naturally 
just teaching itself.
  My awareness stepped back and asked, 
what's going on here?   
Simultaneously I was aware
of the fact that the students
had really taken off in with their own passions,
many of them were already offering classes 
to friends and neighbors. 
The teachers in training were 
all practicing together, 
totally inspiring right?
One of my students, Lydia, 
sent me several images
of the flower fields in 
Lompoc in full bloom,
she shared that her inner voice 
was nudging her
 to name her offerings sunflower.
Her sincere desire 
to share her newly found love 
of teaching yoga in a way
that was personal 
and meaningful to her 
was quite touching 
for me as the teacher.
  I noticed that an overall
inspiration 
had spilled through the group, 
It had shifted my experience 
as the teacher into 
such ease,
and a place of true inspiration.
 It inspired me to write this! 
  I want to share with you how
I've learned about my own 
natural energy
and where it arises from.
I have found that it is 
very important
to continue to let that energy 
flow through me.  
I notice when I hold back,
I not only feel stuck, I now have lesenergy to tap into. 
Reading the Untethered Soul
has reminded me once again
that it's not personal.
What I mean by that is that is
it's universal energy
and my body/mind are just
a funnel or channel
for it to run through.

It's not my energy,
so I must let it go.
The more I do, the more
inspired I become,
I feel more aligned
with passion and purpose.

I am inspired by my students in
the teacher training,
because they are rocking the
flow of energy and offering
Yoga to students in prisons,
in schools, friends, people in pain,
students in social programs.
The list goes on!

I'd like to share this energy of inspiration,
with you when we meet up again!

For now, may you be well, and
naturally inspired to be you.
Namaste,
Prema
You are invited to flow with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment