Friday, May 23, 2014

Why do roses only bloom once a year?

Why do roses only bloom part of the year?

(If you wish you can skip content and scroll to bottom for upcoming events.)

Ok, so one of my favorite flowers is the Rose,
what's not to like right?
especially when you see the orangish/peachy
colored one in like a perfect bloom. 

Oh ya, and the scent, the sweet, subtle and sensual scent
of the rose is oh so yummy.


Now that I'm in this gorgeous new studio
I wanted to have a rose bush out in front of my house.
But I'm kind of in a pickle.
I mean if I get the rose bush and plant it I have to accept
that a lot of the time there will be thorns without blooms. 
Not lucious scents and soft petals all the time.

"So why is that a problem? " I ask myself.
Well, it's hard for me to see the thorns. 

I feel like a little kid crying to her mommy,
"I just want to smell the pretty rose!"

Hmmm, I ask myself again from my oh so spiritual state:
"What about the thorns without petals is so hard for you? "

 
And therein lies my teaching.

It's the barren part of the plant in the midst of the winter months
that is such a part of life.
It's representing more solitude, nothingness, it's also my reminder
of what is or isn't. 


I think I'm gonna do it! Dive it and get that rose bush,
get real comfortable with the thorns!
Then wait and enjoy the blossoms when they arrive.

The coming and the going, the opening and the closing,
moment by moment I am being asked to let go
and appreciate what is here and now!!!

Come on by and learn to be 
Like a Rose, learn to open and close effortlessly,  
gracefully, and embody all parts of life!
  
PremaYoga  
Teaches us to be free and access our wholeness! 
Like beautiful open flowers, as well as accept all of our thorns!  

"may you live like the lotus, at home on the banks of the muddy river."
Namaste,
Prema

No comments:

Post a Comment